23. Sometimes my mom, my aunt, and I just need to have a spontaneous dance party. “Girl Police” by The Dudes.
24. Even in my least favorite genres I can find songs to appreciate. “Stay” by Sugarland.
25. A song I haven’t heard in years can sneak up on me and still be just as amazing. “Silver Spring” by Fleetwood Mac.
26. Music is always there when I need it, like very nearly nothing else in this life. “Lost in my Mind” by The Head and the Heart.
28. Music is everywhere and I find new musical obsessions in the oddest places, including on websites for hipster restaurants. “Sweetest Kill” by Broken Social Scene.
29. Singing in the shower is rad, even if I know my neighbors can hear my off-key man-voice through the paper-thin walls of my apartment. “Changing” by Airborne Toxic Event.
30. Some songs make me feel this much cooler for listening to them. “Oceans and Streams” by The Black Keys.
31. The right song can find you at exactly the right moment and that can make all the difference. “Try Whistlin’ This” by Neil Finn.
32. I can remember exactly where I was when I heard certain songs for the very first time. “Wonderwall” (cover) by Ryan Adams.
33. A live performance can make a song I like into a song I love. “Dark Horse” by Dead Feather Moon.