There’s probably more than 121 reasons but I have a thing for the number 11, so I’m doing 11 lists of 11 things I love about music accompanied by a song that represents each one… Hit me up and share your reasons and inspirations with me. Maybe I’ll add them to my list…
1. When I am sad, the right song can make me happy. “Let Go” by Everest.
2. When I miss someone there is a song that can remind me they aren’t ever too far away. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole.
3. If life won’t give me a reason to dance, music will. “Little Pieces” by Gomez.
4. Sometimes I need to drown out the shit in my own head and if I crank the right tune to 11, I can do just that. “Helena Beat” by Foster the People.
5. That bittersweet aching right in the middle of my heart is too delicious not to let myself just feel it sometimes. “Girlface” by Get Back Loretta.
6. Some songs will always bring a tear of joy to my eye. “What a Day” by Greg Laswell.
7. Sometimes songs says what I can’t. “No One’s Gonna Love You” by Band of Horses.
8. If you don’t remember the past, you are doomed to repeat it and sometimes you need a reminder. “Cath” by Death Cab for Cutie.
9. Girl power doesn’t have to sound like shit. “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele.
10. Sometimes my dad is right about the music I should listen to. “Harvest Moon” by Neil Young.
11. I can pick a new theme song for every stage in my life. “Dropkick Queen of the Weekend” by The Dudes.